Lama Tsong Khapa Day honours one of the great teachers and founder of the Gelug lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. It’s an especially auspicious day to do practice, so we’ll have opportunities throughout the day to purify, create merit, and deepen practice.
A full schedule is below – drop in anytime. Use our donation page if you’d like to sponsor (in any amount) any of the day’s practices, animals to bless and release, or puja and altar offerings, and include in the notes if you’d like us to make a special dedication.
- 5:00 – 6:00am Eight Mahayana Ethical Precepts
- 8:00-8:30am Guided meditation
- 8:30-9:30am Sutra recitation
- 4:00-5:00pm Animal Blessings and Liberation – Bring your pet or animals (safely contained or controlled) to be blessed by special prayers and relics – To create the causes for a long, healthy life to practice your spiritual path, sponsor animals we’ll buy that would normally be killed to be released back into their natural environment.
- 7:00pm Presentation of Lama Tsong Khapa stories followed by Guru puja with tsog