As well as driving to Mahamudra Centre, options include bus, ferry, and shuttle. Most public transportation will get you to Coromandel Town, and Colville is about a 30-minute cab ride from there.
- Ferry service from Auckland – a beautiful 2-hour trip with free shuttle to the Coromandel information site
NZ freephone: 0800 360 DISCOVERY (0800 360 3472)
International: +64 9 307 8005
- Go Kiwi Shuttles has direct daily bus service from Auckland City and Airport.
Phone: (+64) 07 866 0336 or 0800 44 65 49
- Intercity Coachlines (Bus) leave daily from Auckland City and Manukau (closest to the airport) bus terminals. Bus 380 connects Auckland International and Domestic Terminal with Manukau.
Phone: (+64) 09 583 5780
- Coromandel Adventures has shuttles and coordinates with Intercity Coachlines
Phone: In NZ 0800 46 2676 and in Australia 1 800 070577
- Bush e Bikes Electric bike rentals from Coromandel Town with a range of approx 45-60 kilometres (per battery) with much less effort than a standard bike. They also have ten quality Avanti Competitor mountain bikes.
NZ freephone: 0800 287 432
- Bularangi Motorbikes – rent a Harley Davidson motorbike
Phone: +64 (0)7 863 6069
Cab from Coromandel to Colville
Phone: 021 230 5995
If you are coming for a group course or retreat via bus or ferry, the cab is very affordable if booked together with other arrivals. Typically there is only one bus or ferry arriving per day, so you’d be arriving at the same time as other retreatants. Contact us if you would like assistance sharing a ride with other retreatants coming from Auckland or through Coromandel Town.
If you would rather drive, the trip is approximately a three and a half hour drive from Auckland, with the last half over beautiful and windy coastal roads. The advantage of having a car means flexibility to see the many amazing attractions in the Coromandel Peninsula.
If you are driving up for a course or retreat and are willing to share rides, please let us know when you are registering. It is a huge help to many travellers!
From Auckland: Take the Southern Motorway heading towards Hamilton. Turn left from Highway 1 onto Highway 2 (towards Mangatawhiri), then take Highway 25 towards Thames. Pass through Thames and follow the signs to Coromandel, drive through the Township and then head towards Colville. The Mahamudra Centre is clearly sign posted on the left just before you enter Colville.
If you are going to arrive outside of office hours (10am – 5:00pm), please contact us so we can make special arrangements for your check-in.