Right now, we find ourselves in very turbulent times with the corona virus dictating our lives and the world at large. It can bring fear, anxiety, uncertainty, worry, distress, a feeling of groundlessness, tremendous suffering, and many other strong emotions.
Besides a global pandemic, everyday life can also result in difficult emotions, inner challenges, feeling overwhelmed or not being able to cope.
- How can we keep it together during a storm?
- How can we stay inwardly grounded and balanced during times of inner and outer chaos?
- How can our hearts remain open during difficult times?
During this weekend we will explore different practices to ground ourselves, to bring the mind home, come to a place of inner calm, ease in our body and balanced emotions.
What to expect
- Sessions of sitting meditation, walking meditation and qi gong-based movement
- Experience that whatever is going on, there is always a place of inner calm & stillness
- Bring home a toolkit of practices that you can apply in day to day life when things get rough so that you can ride the waves of life skillfully and confidently
This program is suitable for anyone interested in this topic, no previous meditation experience required.
Hedwig has been practicing meditation since 2000 and has completed many individual and group retreats. She has been leading meditation classes, courses and retreats in India, Nepal, the Netherlands and New Zealand since 2004.
These many years of personal practice and leading retreats & courses have resulted in a richness of experience and a genuine joy in sharing, guiding and leading others in meditation practice. Hedwig’s courses & classes are universal and suitable for people from all walks of life, with or without any spiritual inclination.
“Her approach is joyful, practical, gentle, down to earth and yet with a sense of lightness and humour”.
- FRIDAY – starts with Registrations 1 – 5 pm, dinner @ 6 pm, an intro talk and your first meditation session with Hedwig
- SATURDAY – starts at 7 am with a Sitting Practice and setting a Motivation for the day and ending at 8.45 with a guided meditation
- SUNDAY – starts at 7 am with a Sitting Practice and setting a Motivation for the day and ends at 3.15 pm.
Fees & Accommodation Costs
Hedwig is mindful that many people have been financially affected by the virus crisis and has very kindly offered her tuition free of charge for this retreat as her gift to Mahamudra and the participants. Mahamudra Centre with the same spirit has forgone the facility fee charge and asks participants for a donation to contribute to the running costs of the Centre outside of accommodation and food.
Suggested donation for the weekend
ADD Fully catered healthy vegetarian meals
Accommodation including camping, is available at the Centre at an extra cost. To view the different options click here
ADD Accommodation - Prices per night
Camping per person (no electrical hook-ups) $18.00
Dormitory per person (w/ shared toilet facilities) $28.00
Double Room per person (w/ shared toilet facilities) $35.00
Single Room (w/ shared toilet facilities) $49.00
Tara Hut (w/ shared toilet facilities) $49.00
Single Cabin (self-contained) $80.00
Deluxe Single Cabin (self-contained) $100.00
Double Cabin (self contained) $100.00
Please note your accommodation choice on the booking form and we will send you the confirmation details. The accommodation options on the website booking form is closed for the retreat dates and must be communicate to us through using the booking enquiry button or book now button on this page.