Finding the Calm in Chaos
Meditation Retreat with Hedwig Bakker
February 22 - 24, 2019
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then Finding the Calm in Chaos may be what you need:
- Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by what comes towards you via TV, newspaper, mobile phone, internet, work, people, family, relationships etc?
- Are you unable to stop the incessant self-talk that is going on in your mind?
- How often do you wish you could switch it off? Or turn down the volume?
- Do you have the feeling that your mind is living a life on its own?
It is possible to calm the mind. We will practice several techniques to center and calm the mind during sessions of sitting meditation, walking meditation and spending time in nature. These techniques can easily be applied in daily life.
Mahamudra Centre warmly welcomes back Hedwig Bakker to lead this retreat.
What to expect in the retreat:
- Practice easy meditation and mindfulness practices
- Experience the benefits of a peaceful and focused mind
- Learn how to sit properly and how to set up a daily meditation practice
- Get a taste of what it means to be in retreat
- Silence! Participants of this retreat will be asked to abstain from talking.
What are the results of participating:
- The benefits of a peaceful and focused mind
- Meditation and Mindfulness techniques that can easily be applied in daily life
- Simple tools to find rest and balance in the mind
This retreat is suitable for anyone new to meditation as well as for those ready to deepen their understanding and practice.
About the Trainer - Hedwig Bakker
Hedwig has been practicing meditation since 2000 and has been leading meditation classes, courses and retreats since 2004 in India, Nepal, the Netherlands and New Zealand.
Hedwig’s courses & classes are universal and suitable for people from all walks of life, with or without any spiritual inclination. She takes much delight in creating conducive conditions for people to meditate and go within.
Her approach is joyful, practical, gentle, down to earth and yet with a sense of lightness and humour.
$123.00 plus optional donation
Course fees include the base fee and meals (from dinner on Friday through lunch on Sunday).
Please include a donation to the centre to cover cost of retreat leader’s travel, meals and stipend.
Those attending may also wish to make an offering to the retreat leader at the end of the retreat.
Price does not include accommodation; however, we are offering accommodation at a 25% discount for this retreat