Mahamudra Centre Manager
Full-Time Position - 2 Year Contract - Commencing Mid-October
We are looking for a new Centre Manager to start by mid-October to allow for a handover period. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right person to bring their full range of management skills together with a passion for working for the benefit of others through service. The candidate would need to be a Buddhist practitioner; ideally a FPMT student or at least have an appreciation for the teachings of HH the 14th Dalai Lama and Lama Zopa Rinpoche.
- 5-day work week
- 4 weeks annual paid leave
- 2 weeks annual retreat leave
- 10 days sick leave annually
- An opportunity to offer serivce, practice dharma, study and attend teachings in a supportive and extraordinary beautiful and powerful environment
- A strong commitment to dharma practice
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Administration experience
- Computer literate and comfortable with social media
- Good oral and written English
- Ability to hold an overview, delegate and be flexible in an ever changing environment
- Enthusiasm and a good sense of humour a must
- Drivers licence essential
- A student of Kyabje Zopa Rinpoche is preferable but not essential.
Accommodation and Hospitality:
Managing accommodation and retreat bookings, housekeeping, attending to needs of retreatants, guests and visitors
All aspects of office administration including maintaining office equipment, supplies and office systems
Coordinating repairs, maintenance and grounds work
Volunteer recruitment, training and supervision
You need to be flexible and practical in this ever changing environment. It’s a very hands-on position and the ability to roll up your sleeves and do what’s needed to get the job done is essential. It’s a varied and interesting role and no two days are the same. You may be chasing cows out of the centre one minute and handling bookings and emails the next.
Non- residents will need to be able to demonstrate a strong background in the study and practice of Buddhism with a minimum of 2 years’ work or volunteer experience (not consecutive) at a dharma centre.
For a job description, further information or to apply contact
Jan van der Vliet, Director
00 64 7 866 6851