Weekend Meditation Retreat with Hedwig Bakker
Dates to be announced once the centre opens again
Meditation is about connecting with awareness: recognising awareness and maintaining that recognition. Awareness meditation emphasises awareness of present moment experience, whatever the experience is.
So, whether our life might spin off course or however challenging things may get: this simple presence of awareness is always right there. Its innate qualities: peacefulness, vividness, calm, warmth, kindness and total freedom are always available to us.
What to expect in the retreat:
- Practice during guided sessions of sitting, walking, and gentle movement
- Experience the benefits of being in retreat and practicing together
- Recognise what you already have, what you already are, your true nature
This retreat will be conducted in silence, giving you the opportunity to reflect and integrate the meditation practice.
Hedwig has been has been leading meditation classes, courses and retreats in India, Nepal, the Netherlands and New Zealand since 2004.
These many years of personal practice and leading retreats & courses have resulted in a richness of experience and a genuine joy in sharing, guiding and leading others in meditation practice.
- FRIDAY – starts with Registrations 1 – 5 pm, dinner @ 6 pm, an intro talk and your first meditation session with Hedwig
- SATURDAY – starts at 7 am with a Sitting Practice and setting a Motivation for the day and ending at 8.45 with a guided meditation
- SUNDAY – starts at 7 am with a Sitting Practice and setting a Motivation for the day and ends at 3.15 pm.
Course & Accommodation Costs
Accommodation including camping, is available at the Centre at an extra cost as well as in the surrounding Coromandel area. Centre accommodation is offered at a 20% discount to those attending the course.
Prices per person/ per night
Single Room (w/ shared toilet facilities) $49.00 – 20% = $39.20
Double Room (w/ shared toilet facilities) $35.00 – 20% – $28.00
Bed in the Dormitory (w/ shared toilet facilities) $28.00 – 20% = $22.40
Tara Hut (w/ shared toilet facilities) $49.00 – 20% = $39.20
Single Cabin (self-contained) $80.00 – 20% = $64.00
Deluxe Cabin (self-contained) $100.00 – 20% = $80.00
Camping (no electrical hook-ups) $18.00 – 20% = $14.40
Please note your accommodation option on the booking form and we will send you the confirmation details.