Stillness, Movement & Awareness
A Silent Meditation Retreat
5 – 8 February 2021
With Hedwig Bakker
What to expect
- We will practice during several guided sessions of sitting practice, walking meditation, gentle movement, and spending time in nature.
- The retreat is in full silence but instructions will be given.
- The soundtrack of the retreat is: ease, awareness and simplicity.
- Mahamudra centre provides very conducive conditions and an excellent setting with it’s remote location and rural, peaceful surroundings.
Benefits of practicing in retreat
We seem to live in a busy and speedy world where there is so much to do and so much that comes towards us. It can be very beneficial to take time out from one’s daily routine, to step back from one’s day to day responsibilities and work with one’s mind. A great benefit of practicing in retreat is that there are no distractions so you can really be with yourself. Simplifying your days gives clarity to the mind. You can just focus on your inner landscape, on just this one breath, on just this one step. Practicing together with others also provides tremendous inspiration and support. Your retreat becomes truly meaningful when you can apply the insights you have gained into your daily life: when your buttons are being pushed, when things get busy or when you feel stuck. Engaging in retreat is a gift for yourself and a gift for the world.
This retreat is suitable for anyone new to meditation and for those familiar with meditation that want to deepen and enrich their practice.
“There is a resting place, a starting place that you can always return to. You can always bring your mind back home and rest there, right now, in present unbiased awareness” – Pema Chödrön
- Friday – starts with Registrations 1 – 5 pm, dinner @ 6 pm, an intro talk and your first meditation session with Hedwig
- Saturday – starts at 7 am with a Sitting Practice and setting a Motivation for the day and ending at 8.45 with a guided meditation
- Sunday – starts at 7 am with a Sitting Practice and setting a Motivation for the day and ending at 8.45 with a guided meditation
- Monday – starts at 7 am with a Sitting Practice and setting a Motivation for the day and ending at 12:30pm with a group lunch
Hedwig has been practicing meditation since 2000 and has completed many individual and group retreats. She has been leading meditation classes, courses and retreats in India, Nepal, the Netherlands and New Zealand since 2004. These many years of personal practice and leading retreats & courses have resulted in a richness of experience and a genuine joy in sharing, guiding and leading others in meditation practice.
Hedwig’s courses & classes are universal and suitable for people from all walks of life, with or without any spiritual inclination. Her approach is joyful, practical, gentle, down to earth and yet with a sense of lightness and humour.
Your Investment is....
This covers the centers facility fee and fully catered, healthy vegetarian meals (gluten free options are available).
Accommodation including camping, is available at the Centre at an extra cost. To view the different options click here. When making your booking please note the type of accommodation you prefer and we will get back to you.